Sunday, October 11, 2009

That's My Boy!


I am so scared every time I watch him do this. But he is really good and I keep reminding him to put the velcro on his knees. HEELS DOWN. That used to be a joke, but now it is for real and he exists in this unreal world of beautiful horses and beautiful people. The people whose bags and t-shirts he used to collect are now his pals. And still a great young man. I wish that he was joining all of us in Chicago next weekend. But he lives in another world. Not our world.
Our world looks sunny when there is a farmer's market in the park and we can get tamales for $1. My dear friend and old neighbor came this morning and we planned to have breakfast at the New/Old Alps. There was a 1/2 hour wait! Are you kidding me? Instead we joked around with the community and then went to the Golden Nugget. I've lived here for 21 years and have only been there once. Now I know why. It was terrible, but it was packed with people living normal lives, coming home from church, taking a stroll on a great day, meeting their friends and neighbors, - just living. I intend to do more of that. But first I have to unclog the vacuum cleaner, wash the bathroom floor, and figure out what to make for dinner......
A day at Versailles would be great. A la hameau!!! (and the hats can't be beat)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers