Friday, October 9, 2009

Santa: Do you know my address?


The Cupcake Car was revealed this week as one of Neiman Marcus' must have Christmas gifts, and here is the Jolly Old Man himself delivering it. Beats the Oscar Mayer Weiner Mobile that for many years I coveted.
I have moved on to bigger and better things and wish I could have a way to show them off. I just had a meeting with my attorney, who really admired my sweater. I was proud to say that the Family Thrift store had done it again. Marc Jacobs cashmere. Now she wants me to take her there. Do you think I could get something off of my retainer?
There's something about that hunt, that run for the great stuff that makes it so much more satisfying than walking into Bloomingdale's and getting something off the rack. Anyone can do that. In order to dress yourself from the thrift store you really have to have an eye and an imagination. Looking at the Paris shows this week I have become something of a cynic. The Dries Van Noten shredded fabric is so declasse. (accent egu needed). We don't want to look like tramps. We want to look like stylish beautiful women for whom the recession is someone else's problem. Take a pinch of daring, a good look at the shows in Paris, and get theyself some cootie garages. (It helps if you are 30, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers