Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's Complicated





We went to the movies today to see the sadly disappointing "The Informant". I had great hopes since Matt Damon is usually so good and I had heard an interview with the author of the book this morning on NPR.


What was REALLY good was the trailer for the soon to be released "It's Complicated", starring La Streep, super hunk Alec Baldwin, and the less funny than he once was, Steve Martin. (bring back "King Tut") Here the fun loving recently divorced couple are seen lounging around in the bathroom. Seems highly unlikely -


Perhaps I'll just happen to be in the tub when Ostrich Man joins me to sign papers tomorrow so we can get this giant behemoth of a house off of our hands. I went to our annual block party on Friday and told my neighbors we were listing the house. Before I could say "commission" there were 25 people in here - on every floor.


Last week I decided to remove my dining room table from the artisinal knotty pine dining room and turn it into a little sitting room for myself. Painted the table, tried to re-cover the chairs in some old hot pick fabric I had lying around from the Reagan administration, and put it up on the living room platform (don't ask). But tonight I am entertaining and when I went to turn the lights on up there - VOILA! Nothing. Threw all the breakers, changed the light bulbs. Why me? Where is Tommy Looney when I need him. I once asked him to remove an old plug that was about to fall into the fountain in the living room (again, don't ask) and he stuck his finger into it to see if it was live - it was.


Don't you love the Korean supermarket? Mary told me the other day that they had sashimi platters for 6 for $30. You just have to have a party with buys like that. Now if my refrigerator will just hold on for a few more hours.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers