Friday, September 18, 2009

If you want a man to work you need to HIRE him.


The basement finally got to be too much for me. So I went up to Pulaski Road and hired two very nice men who worked like dogs shoveling 23 years of shit out of my basement. I gave them lunch and gloves and let them go to it. What a fantastic job Alphonso and Ray did. I had forgotten what it was like to actually have a man help you, instead of watching golf or overseeing their fantasy baseball league. Oh so important .......


But it was so sad seeing about 50 desperate men up there and they were all trying to jump in the car. You know that they are just trying to feed their kids and I wish I could have hired them all - but I am just trying to keep a roof over my head. Or not. I am listing the house on Monday.
Why don't they have a site for women to get work? I could rearrange your furniture, paint it, wallpaper your bedroom, cook your dinner, clean your bathroom, launder your clothes, hey wait! That means I could be your wife! And get paid for it! My friend Judy hired a wife once. What a fantastic idea. She never had to go to the dry cleaner again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers