Monday, September 21, 2009

Curb Your Enthusiasm - redux


Lar-ry, Lar-ry, Lar-ry, {said with the accent of my favorite bit player - dry cleaner, Hamouz, etc.) I was so disappointed with last night's season opener, except for Catherine O'Hara. "Bam-Bam" was fantastic, as always. Why not just hook up with Christopher Guest and get them all. Fred Willard would be perfect for "Curb", when Larry Funkhouser bites the dust. I think he may have a heart attack at Chasen's when Larry tries to his father's baseball ticket once again. I think Monina may try CPR and then charge him for it.


We've been waiting for weeks to see what was going to happen. Chloe and I think Larry is going to get back together with Cheryl, after dissing Loretta, after her cancer diagnosis. And Wanda was back! When she said she was going to nominate Larryfor the NAACP Image Award it was too much!


Ostrich Man came by this morning to sign the papers to list the house. I've been talking about it for months - but of course he waited until 1/2 hour before the appointment to try talk about it. I love our agent. We talked about some renovations what could make it more attractive. She suggested taking the POLICE-CAUTION tape off of the front stairs and filling it with mums. DONE.


Larry has a lot in common with my soon to be ex-husband. Feigning no knowledge seems to be a big common trait. As if pop culture was so common and trivial to him that he pretended to have no knowledge of what was going on in the rest of the world. Once he asked me if I knew who Bjork was. That was before he became "one" with Iceland, even taking his girlfriend there this year to show her all of the sights he knew so well. Now I ask him "Yes, but do you know who Matthew Barney is?" Chances are very good that the answer is no.


Iceland is fantastic - and it only three hours from Boston. It is one of the most exotic places that you can affordably visit. Have you even read "Independent People" by Hadlor Laxness? Talk about a bleak existence. It won the Nobel Prize in 1955 and it is fantastic. It will make you feel lots better about whatever life you are leading now.

I think Bjork is very cool. We once visited an inactive volcano in Iceland where she likes to give concerts sitting in a rowboat in the middle of the collapsed caldera. (see photo).

I hope I can make some serious cash at the garage sale this weekend so I can go and spend it at the thrift store, or buying a ticket to Iceland. The men are totally hot there. - if those seriously nasty fashionistas from Japan don't get there first. Judging from what has been shown in London this week - I could clean up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers